Saturday, October 24, 2009

First Post and What to Expect!

I love blogging, had a few blogs before but I can't say that I ever kept up with them. But this one will be different, this one will be like a personal/make-up/clothing blog... or just whatever I feel like at the moment. I can definitely guarantee that I will be blogging about my life, but also about my new found hobby... make-up!!! Loves it!

Tips and tricks that I learn or hear of, I will be letting you guys know all about them.... which I will be starting with this one, E.L.F. make-up brushes. Now I've heard about these brushes for a bit, and I was a little nervous about buying some low-cost make-up brushes. But I've heard so much about this one that I knew it was something that I had to try out, besides, I didn't have much to lose.
I bought three of them, I bought the dual brow brush/eyelash comb, the eyeshadow brush, and I think it's called the eye-shadow shader or blender brush (sorry, I already trashed the packaging). I've used the first two already and I have to say that they are pretty good! Even though it has shed a few hairs already, it's soft, and really get the eye-shadow well. Much better than the cheapie brushes that I've had in the past. I even went and bought two more of the eye shadow brushes. I don't know why, since I already ordered an eye make-up brush set from Sephora. I think I will definitely be using these long term though, they just feel so great!

I guess that last thing I should mention is that I'm about to order a custom palette of eyeshadow from MAC! I'm so excited, originally I was just going to order an eye-shadow set from Sephora, but some of the colors looked like they would work but a lot of them also didn't. I don't think that the color selection for darker skinned women was that great. This is what I plan on getting:

I went to the store, and asked the lady there at the counter and she helped me pick out all these colors.... well I tried a few of them by myself, and they all looked great! I actually never tried the plum dressing, just after trimming down my list a little bit afterwards (by cutting out two black shades) and not being able to find two of the purple shades I wanted I decided to add plum dressing. I already have humid and deep truth, but I just thought that those were my only two stand alone MAC colors that I would want to add to my palette. If you are a darker skinned lady, I can guarantee that all of them (except Plum Dressing since I didn't see that myself) will look great on dark skin. When I receive the order I will take a pic and post because these don't look the same in person as they show online. Even though MAC eyeshadows are a bit pricey, they last for a VERY long time because they are highly pigmented. There are eyeshadows that I've had since high school that still look like they are barely used. Then again.... I don't wear eye-make up on a daily basis so that could be why.

So that's a bit about those stuff, but don't worry, you will get to know quite a bit about me as this blog goes on..... so be patient!

-NG

No comments:

Post a Comment