Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Purple Smokey Eye

Okay, so last Saturday I went to a friend's going away party! She got a job working for NASA (yeah... those engineers lol). I was expecting to go out afterwards, though that ended up not happening. But, to be prepared just in case I did go out I decided to try a purple smokey eye. I am a huge fan of purple eyeshadow, think it looks fabulous on everyone and anyone.

So I got the smokey eye idea from Mamagee on youtube. Here is the video:



I didn't have the exact eyeshadows that she used, so here is what I did (besides, I figured as long as it was similar it would work):

1.) Applied urban decay primer potion all over the eye
2.) Applied NYX Jumbo pencil in Black Bean onto the lid and spread it around, also bring the black bean under the eye
3.) Applied Ulta brand eyeshadow in Galaxy (I could have used carbon as well, but I've had Galaxy for so much longer and I want to get through that.... besides, it has sparkles!)
4.) Applied Laura Mercier eyeshadow in Chambord right above (not over) the black
5.) Applied MAC eyeshadow in Plum Dressing above (not over) the Chambord
6.) I used MAC Arena as my highlight
7.) Blended away the harsh lines
8.) Lined my eyes with Black Radiance Fine Line Liquid Liner in black (not really sure of the purpose lol)
9.) Applied Mabelline Lash Stiletto to my eyelashes
10.) Voila!

Here are some pics:

Don't mind my eye's in the one above, it was kind of a goofy picture lol



I wish I had remembered to take one with my eyes closed at the time. My skin looks absolutely dreadful in these pics, I recently started a new skin care line/regimen like two weeks ago and it has made my skin look crazy! But the whole purpose is to increase my skin turnover rate to even out my skin tone and reveal smoother skin! And finally... I've stopped breaking out, and my skin is starting to peel less, sorry if this is tmi!

But, this look has me thinking of trying the same exact same thing with blue, green, maybe even browns. If I do that, I'll be sure to post the pics up here!

-NG

No comments:

Post a Comment